Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Show of hands...


How many of you have talked about losing that post baby blub (what I have lovingly dubbed the excess skin on my belly the “mama flap”) three thousand times and tried about a billion way to squeeze that work out in anytime of the day and not fall asleep instead? Yeah, raise your hand with me.

The problems I had with my schedule (that is mostly ruled my Max’s hunger and Theo’s temperament) is that I hardly ever get more than fifteen minutes completely alone to do something other than tiptoe around the house in a whirl wind to get through the list of things I have to do while the boys nap. After a day of Max strapped to my chest while I clean the house, chase Theo, mow the lawn, grocery shop, make breakfast lunch and dinner with snacks, walk to the park and intermittedly stop to nurse; I’m ready to collapse by the time I get those few rare moments.

Does anyone else have this problem? You finally get those few moments to work out, you have the motivation but then you stop to think and realize that if you put your all into this work out for the full twenty eight minutes you have, that when you are done you won’t be able to do anything else. I go through this thought process in my head and panic, thinking if I’m even more exhausted tomorrow how in the hell will I function?!

Less panicking thoughts. More burning muscles. 

And in order to get to where I can sanely and successfully work in that activity for myself, is if I let those silly little chores that really get to me go. I sometime find myself vacuuming the baseboard of the house thinking poop this hurts my back but on the flip side less dust bunnies! and that voice in my head whispers back: Yeah Dan because Max, Theo and David really care about those dust bunnies where you can't see them. not. Gotta learn to let it go.

I also need to learn to look in the mirror and not immediately find something wrong. I am beautiful, and my children are worth all of my stretch marks and less than media perfect body. Every body could benefit from learning this in my opinion, together we should learn to love our bodies. (More on that later)

Soooooo, I made the decision that thirty minutes of my day is going to have to be for Mama to work out, even if it is broken up over the day. And the dust bunnies under the bed may just have to wait. I don’t care if I have to lunge back and forth to the refrigerator to get Theo his morning snack or use Max as weights for an arms work out. By goodness I will be getting that work out in. Thats right Mama Flap I'm coming after you.

Tell me Mamas how do you get your favorite work out in?


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment